Innovise complies with the NZ Privacy Acct (1993), and applies the 12 Information Privacy Principles.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Innovise operates this website https://innovise.nz, As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our website and services:
- Personally identifiable Information: This is provided by you when you complete one of our forms. It is completely up to you if you want to provide it, however some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide your information.
If you provide personally identifiable information that we do not require, then the information provided may be deleted from our systems.
- Aggregated Data: This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our websites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
- Comments: When you leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
What do we do with personal data
We collect this information in order to provide the best possible service to you. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To process any transactions that you might make on our website
- To help provide any other services that you have requested
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, or market research that we might undertake (see point 5 below)
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission or which we notified you of at the time of collection
- For any other purposes which are directly connected with the above purposes.
With our current systems from time to time we may need to use your information for testing purposes. Where such testing takes place Innovise will make sure that your information is not damaged or viewed by anyone who is not authorised.
Opting In and Opting Out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services, such as receiving ongoing email communication, and to opt out of those services at any time. This does not apply to paid services where opting out of the service will be subject to the terms and conditions agreed for the provision of that service.
In cases where you have opted out, we will retain minimum personal data to note that you opted out in order to avoid contacting you again.
Security of Your Personal Information
Innovise secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment provided by our suppliers or ourselves, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
Sharing Information with Others
Training Sessions, Workshops or other services may require your personal information to be shared with others in order to provide the services. For example, your identity for secure access to a venue, or dietary requirements for catering. All our agreements with our service providers require them to protect from any unauthorised use of the information we disclose to them.
Some training and workshop events are organised in partnership with other businesses. Personal information may be shared with these business partners. All partnership agreements require the business to protect from any unauthorised use of the information we disclose, and ensure that the information is only used for its intended purpose.
Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
Innovise will never sell, rent or lease its customer lists or information to third parties.
Cookies can also provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (e.g. Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g. Chrome, Microsoft Explorer, Firefox or Safari) and what domain you are accessing our websites from. With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our website
- Tune our website to provide the most value to our users
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
We may retain all personal information that we collect for as long as administratively necessary.
New Zealand regulations requires us to retain some information for set periods of time. In some circumstances, your personally identifiable data may be included within information that is required to be kept, including (for example) invoicing and payment information.
Access to your data
The Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. You may make a request to access the personal information held about you, and Innovise will provide it as long as we have such information and can readily retrieve it. You may also ask us to correct personal information held about you that is not accurate or up-to-date.
To find out more or to notify us of changes, you may contact us by email or telephone:
Telephone: +64 9 282 3786
What data breach procedures we have in place
The Privacy Act and General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) requires that reasonable and appropriate protection is made around information, including personal information and customer data (“Information”), and that certain data breaches are reported to the relevant authorities.
In the event that a data breach occurs or, a data breach is suspected, Innovise will follow this Policy and the below response plan to contain, assess and respond appropriately:
- Initial notification: If Innovise staff become aware of an actual or suspected data breach they will immediately notify the Innovise Privacy Officer with information regarding the data breach
- Preliminary assessment: Our Privacy Officer shall facilitate the collation of information regarding the data breach
- Assessment of risk: Our Privacy Officer in conjunction with management will assess the severity of the data breach based on the information received
- Notification: Our Privacy Officer in conjunction with management will consider whether notification to the relevant authority and/or affected individuals is required and, if notification is required, make that notification
- Review: Innovise will undertake an internal review of the circumstances to consider if further action is required.
Changes to this Policy